Monday 23 August 2010

Blue Note - the perfect cool palette for eyes

My skin is quite pale with cool undertones (I'm around a NW25 in MAC's foundations), so blues suit me down to the ground when it comes to eye makeup. I've pretty much perfected my blue eyes routine, which, my beau tells me, definitely gets heads turning. 


The palette? Christian Dior's 5 Coleurs Edition Dentelle in Pearl Glow (limited edition Spring 2010) - it's a beauty.




The picture doesn't show how beautiful and shimmery these shades are - they are much more subtle than they look here. 


I usually start off with Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner (£15 - and it will last you forever!) in Black Ink. I use their Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush (£20.50) to line my top lid, flicking out to a feline finish at the outer corners. I wait a couple of minutes for this to try, and then go over the line using Chanel's Precision Eye Definer (£16) in Denim, a lush, deep blue, which intensifies the Bobbi Brown liner. I also apply this underneath my eyes, very finely in order to avoid the panda look. There's a handy little smudge tool on the other end of the pencil which I use to blend everything in. After this, I will use the Dior palette. I use the deep blue in the centre of the palette to line the whole eye, and I then define further by applying the purple to the outer corners and the silvery-white to the inner corners. 




The finishing touch is to use Urban Decay's fantastic 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils (£11) in Electric and Zero to complete the look. I swipe a tiny bit of the Electric onto the centre of each eyelid, and I use the Zero to line inside my lashes for a dark, sultry look. Finish off with mascara and - ta-da! - you're hot to trot. 


Much love,


Belle de Beauty
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment